The Division provides geologic expertise in areas of general geology, hydrology, wells, groundwater recharge, geologic hazards, public inquiries, and education; along with providing geologic assistance for the Division’s sister agencies such as Wildlife and the Utah Geological Survey.
To learn more about the Geology Section, please contact Carl Ege: 801-538-7282 or [firstname.lastname@example.org
- Observing various phases of dam construction and renovation for possible geologic hazards
- Geologic mapping of the spillway foundation and embankment
- Trench reviews of potentially active faults that may impact the dam site.
- Perform bi-annual inclinometer surveys to monitor the movement of the active landslide.
- Inspection of embankment, spillway, and drains at each visit
Silver Lake Dam
- Supervise the installation of piezometers
- Observation of foundation excavation and identify areas of seepage
- Perform gradations of dam embankment material
- Log test pits to determine layers of sediment that are more prone to seepage
- Currently writing an article on the geology and mineralogy of the area that will be found in newest Utah Geological Association guidebook later this year (2019)