The Division of Water Resources is pleased to announce the publication of the Water Resources Plan. This plan is the result of years of data gathering, modeling, and other collaborative efforts to identify when and where water will be needed throughout the state.
The plan focuses on the following three principles of water management: Reliable Data is needed to make informed water management decisions. Obtaining a Secure Supply of water to meet future needs requires a comprehensive approach. Healthy Watersheds are necessary to ensure the viability of the state’s precious water resources.
The public was given the opportunity to comment on the plan from September 29 to November 15, 2021 (see Appendix I below for comments and responses).
A virtual open house was also held on October 20, 2021 (see below for the recording and associated Q & A).
If you have any questions about the plan or the public review process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Plan & Appendices
Below are links to digital copies of the Water Resources Plan and appendices. Please select the option that is most suitable for how you wish to view and read the document.
- Single Page Layout (best for mobile devices and printing your own copy)
- Two-Page Layout (designed for two-page or full-spread viewing)
- Preliminary Pages – Forward, Acknowledgements, Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Population & Municipal Water Use
- Chapter 3 – Water Supply
- Chapter 4 – Water Use Trends & Projections
- Chapter 5 – Water Conservation
- Chapter 6 – Future Water Supply, Demand, & Development
- Chapter 7 – Agricultural Water Use Optimization
- Chapter 8 – Water Law
- Chapter 9 – Watersheds
- Chapter 10 – Conclusion
- Appendix A – Glossary
- Appendix B – Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Appendix C – Population Projections
- Appendix D – 2018 Water Budget Results
- Appendix E – Demand Model Results
- Appendix F – Agriculture Land to M&I Transition
- Appendix G – Water Supply and Demand (this appendix is being updated and will be available end of Jan 2022)
- Appendix H – Water Reuse Project Lists
- Appendix I – Public Comments and Responses (this appendix will be available end of Jan 2022)
Virtual Open House and Q & A
The Division of Water Resources hosted a virtual open house on October 20th, 2021 to allow the public to learn more about the plan and ask questions. Visit the links below for a recording of the meeting and the questions and answers that resulted.