Public Review Process
The Division of Water Resources is pleased to announce the availability of the Water Resources Plan for public review. This plan is the result of years of data gathering, modeling, and other collaborative efforts to identify when and where water will be needed throughout the state.
The plan focuses on the following three principles of water management: Reliable Data is needed to make informed water management decisions. Obtaining a Secure Supply of water to meet future needs requires a comprehensive approach. Healthy Watersheds are necessary to ensure the viability of the state’s precious water resources.
We invite you to participate in the public review of this plan as outlined below:
- Public Comment Period Opens: September 29, 2021
- Virtual Open House: October 20, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM
- Public Comment Period Closes: November 15, 2021
- Anticipated Publication Date: Before end of 2021
The Division of Water Resources will accept public comments through November 15th. Please use the comment form to share your thoughts with us.
If you have any questions about the plan or the public review process, please contact Todd Stonely at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plan & Appendices
How can I obtain a copy of the Plan & Appendices?Below are links to digital copies of the Water Resources Plan and appendices. Please select the option that is most suitable for how you wish to view and read the document.
- Single Page Layout (best for mobile devices and printing your own copy)
- Two-Page Layout (designed for two-page or full-spread viewing)
Preliminary Pages – Forward, Acknowledgements, Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Chapter 2 – Population & Municipal Water Use
- Chapter 3 – Water Supply
- Chapter 4 – Water Use Trends & Projections
- Chapter 5 – Water Conservation
- Chapter 6 – Future Water Supply, Demand, & Development
- Chapter 7 – Agricultural Water Use Optimization
- Chapter 8 – Water Law
- Chapter 9 – Watersheds
- Chapter 10 – Conclusion
- Appendix A – Glossary
- Appendix B – Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Appendix C – Population Projections
- Appendix D – 2018 Water Budget Results
- Appendix E – Demand Model Results
- Appendix F – Agriculture Land to M&I Transition
- Appendix G – Water Supply and Demand
- Appendix H – Water Reuse Project Lists
- Appendix I – Public Comments and Responses (Available when plan is published)
Virtual Open House
Where can I go to learn more and have the chance ask questions?
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, the Division of Water Resources will host a virtual open house on October 20th to allow the public to learn more about the plan and ask questions. The links below will be open 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the meeting.
October 20, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
- Live YouTube video stream (view only)
- Live Google Meet video conference (view and participate in Q & A)
If you are unable to attend the open house, a link to the recording will be posted here within 24 hours of the event.
How can I submit public comments on the plan?
The Division of Water Resources wants your feedback. Your comments and suggestions will help us improve our water planning processes. Simply click below to submit a public comment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Stay tuned. This page will have a list of frequently asked questions a few days after the conclusion of the virtual open house.