Welcome to the Sevier River Watershed Council page!
The Sevier River Watershed Council is one of the 12 local watershed councils that will operate in Utah.
Local watershed councils are created to encourage and facilitate discussion and collaboration or water-related issues and concerns among the stakeholders within the watershed. As feasible, the watershed council will facilitate communication and coordination among the following interests:
- Utah tribal nations
- Public water suppliers
- Water planning and research institutions
- Water quality
- Fish and wildlife
- Water dependent habitat and environments
- Watershed management
- Mutual irrigation companies
- Local sponsors of reclamation projects
Each local watershed council will designate one representative to serve on the Utah Watersheds Council, where issues of concern can be brought to the attention of the Legislature and governor.
Meeting Schedule & Minutes
Current members of the council are listed below:
Title or Interest Represented
Utah State University
Sevier River Water Users Association/IPP
Dustin Christensen, Vice Chair
Richfield Canal Company
Delta City Council/Farm Bureau
Andy Nickle*, Chair
Mellville Irrigation Company
Ephraim Irrigation Company/Sanpitch Board
Circleville Irrigation Company
Utah Farm Bureau Board of Directors
Ducks Unlimited (Delta)
Otter Creek Water Co.
Richfield City Public Works Director
Richfield Canal President
Kelly Carter, Secretary
Delta City Council
Sevier River Water Users Association
*This individual also represents the Sevier River Watershed Council on the Utah Watersheds Council.
Liaisons to the council are listed below:
Title or Represented Interest
Sevier River Area Planning Specialist, Utah Division of Water Resources
If you would like to be informed about the Sevier Watershed Council, or if you have any questions or ideas for the council, please contact us. We are here to serve you and help ensure that the council brings benefits to you and the state of Utah.
- Andy Nickle, Chair, 435-864-7423 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dustin Christensen, Vice Chair, 435-896-7445 or email@example.com
- Kelly Carter, Secretary, 435-406-1862 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Adams, The Langdon Group, 801-520-4762 or email@example.com
- Hollee Wood, The Langdon Group, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rick Webster, Sevier River Area Planning Specialist, Utah Division of Water Resources, 801-910-5206 or email@example.com
- Carly Payne, Administrative Support, Utah Division of Water Resources, 801-538-7235 or firstname.lastname@example.org