Information for Water Providers

Secondary Water Provider Conservation Plans

Secondary water providers are required to submit a Water Conservation Plan (WCP) before they can receive funding from the Board of Water Resources. Below are resources for secondary water providers for creating a water conservation plan:

These plans are NOT the same as the water conservation plans that conservancy districts and water systems with over 500 connections are required to submit every five years. However, if your system has submitted a WCP for over 500 connections in the last five years, it does meet the WCP requirement for board funding.

Educational Materials

The Division of Water Resources provides digital conservation and educational materials for all secondary water providers to distribute to their users. To request materials, fill out this form.


Secondary systems seeking exemption under Utah Code 73-10-34 Subsections 9, 10, or 11 must complete and return the Declaration of Exemption form and follow its instructions.

If you declare exemption and were approved for ARPA grant funds allocated by the Board of Water Resources, please fill out the Release of Funds form releasing all or part of the ARPA funds.

Exempt Water Conservation Plans

All systems under Subsections 9 and 10 are required to submit a WCP within six months of exempt status. Exempt WCPs will be subject to evaluation of its effectiveness at the end of each irrigation season and given recommended changes to improve its effectiveness.

Subsection 13 (Division of Water Rights)

Secondary systems seeking exemption under Utah Code 73-10-34 Subsection 13 must do so through the Division of Water Rights. Their application can be found here. It is recommended you contact your regional engineer in addition to completing the application.

Secondary Meter Providers

The below list is for informational purposes only. The Utah Division of Water Resources does not endorse or make any guarantees on behalf of any specific provider. If you are a provider who has not yet been listed below, please send your information to to be included.

Badger Meter
4545 West Brown Deer Road
P.O. Box 245036
Milwaukee, WI 53224

Metron Farnier
5665 Airport Blvd.
Boulder, CO 80301

Core & Main
2457 S 1620 West
Ogden, UT 84401

1600 Alabama Highway #229
Tallassee, AL 36078

Great Plains Industries

5252 E 36th St. North

Wichita, KS 67220


Next Meters, LLC
517 W 100 North #105
Providence, UT 84332

Hydro Specialties
14435 South Center Point Way
Bluffdale, UT 84065

637 Davis Drive
Morrisville, NC 27560

Innovative Utility Solutions
4158 Nyala Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80922

 SRT Labs
1555 Freedom Drive #100
Provo, UT 84604

Meter Technology Werks
602 N 34th St.
Tampa, FL 33605

Tucor Inc.

330 Perry Highway

Harmony, PA 16037


Meter Works
1199 W 850 North
Centerville, UT 84014

P.O. Box 1525
Riverton, UT 84065


A: ARPA grant funds are no longer available. If additional grant funds become available, this webpage will be updated. You can sign up for email updates here.

A: We do not recommend any particular meter(s). See the "Secondary Meter Provider" tab for a list of known meter providers/manufacturers.

A: Yes, a secondary water provider can seek an exemption status if they meet the requirements found in Utah Code 73-10-34.

A: If a secondary water provider meets the exemption requirements outlined in Utah Code 73-10-34, they can follow the instructions found under the tab "Exemptions" on this page.

More information on secondary metering can be found on our Secondary Irrigation System Metering landing page.

If you have questions or need further information, please email: